Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Roasted Asparagus with Garlic and Lemon

1 bunch of asparagus (look for firm, green, & pencil width)
1 lemon
1 large garlic clove, minced
2-3 T. extra virgin olive oil (possibly more)
Salt & pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400-425 (depending on the thickness of the asparagus). Trim off the woody ends of the asparagus, rinse, dry and lay out in a single layer on the bottom of a baking dish. Drizzle with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Zest the lemon and add the garlic. Toss the asparagus until well coated. Add more oil if needed. Then roast in the oven for 10-15 mins. or until the asparagus is tender and the edges are slightly browned. Serve hot or room temperature. (I have made this several times and it is always a hit and it's super easy. It is one of my favorites.)

1 comment:

  1. Never liked asparagus. I feel like I should like it though. I am going to give it another shot with this recipe. Jake loves asparagus.

    ReplyDelete